Camel Quay is a typical North Cornwall ex-LSWR station on the River Camel lying on the Rock-Delabole railway, had it been built. The station, with its goods shed, bears a resemblance to Padstow on the opposite side of the river There are local passenger services with express trains from Waterloo. Southern National’s Bedford OB buses link the high street and station with outlying towns and villages.
The quay was built by the Rock Delabole Railway Company but the busy sidings also serve the local fishing fleet and small coasters carrying china clay and coal. There is a repair shop, offices and a few marine businesses on the dock side.
The Railway Tavern receives deliveries from the brewery and the hotel has a special guest. Locals and holidaymakers buy fresh bread and cakes, stop off for afternoon tea or queue for fish and chips.
The rolling stock covers the period from the late 1950’s through to the 1970’s. Locomotives are sound fitted and include classes M7, N, O2, T9, Beattie well tank and class 22 diesel hydraulic together with ex-GWR interlopers in later years. Coaching stock includes ex-LSWR, Maunsell and push-pull sets. Open and covered china clay wagons are shunted along the quay while mixed freight trains are handled at the goods shed.
Details for Exhibition Managers
Owner-Terry Robinson contact 07825 917857 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Scale 4mm OO gauge DCC operated. Track is modified Peco code 75.
Size 10 feet 6 iches x 20 inches. Operating area required 12 feet x 4 feet (minimum).
The buildings are a combination of scratch built and modified Scenecraft.
The layout is operated to a sequence with the fiddle yard hidden behind the backscene.
Insurance value £5,000. Travel costs and accomodation to be agreed.