A Little Bit About Us
The Circle consists of enthusiastic members who meet a couple of times each week to share their common interest in railways. We have several model railway layouts (details of which appear on this website), all of which are built to exhibition standard. However, you don’t have to be interested in model railways in order to join: the Circle actively promotes interest in all aspects of railways and associated commercial transport. We welcome members who are not railway modellers, but who enjoy being in the company of like-minded enthusiasts.
Would you like to join us?
We offer several classes of membership, designed to cover a number of age ranges and needs. These are detailed below. Further details can be obtained by emailing us from this link. If you would like to join the Stafford Railway Circle, please complete the form which appears below and click the “submit” button so that it is sent to us. Alternatively, you may wish to visit our clubroom first to see our activities and meet other members before you join. Please contact Colin Hill on 01785 211992 who will be pleased to supply directions and opening times for your visit.
Classes of Membership and Membership Subscription Rates
Age 18 and over £50.00
Under 18 – Free, providing that a parent, grandparent or guardian is a member.
(note that junior members need to be accompanied by their adult member whilst in attendance at the clubroom or other SRC event).
Member and Partner
15% off the combined rate.
These rates are active from 1 January 2018. Reductions are offered for some people who join part-way through the calendar year.
STAFFORD RAILWAY CIRCLE LIMITED MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
- Please complete the following form.
- When giving your address, please always include the county. We also require your post code.
- A telephone number helps us if we have to contact you about the application.
- If you are applying for Member and Partner please just give one name at this stage. Our Membership Secretary will be in touch with you for any other information we require.
- You must provide a valid email address, or our server will not accept your application.
- Stafford Railway Circle Limited is a company limited by guarantee. Each member’s liability is limited to a nominal sum – £1 – which he or she guarantees to pay if the company has debts on winding up.
- In submitting this application, you are deemed to have agreed to this requirement of membership of the company.
If you wish to apply for membership, please e-mail our membership secretary here.
General Data Protection Regulations 2018
Under the terms of the above regulations we have to make members aware of what data the SRC holds about them.
No information is held which has not been supplied directly by each member. The records are held by the Company Secretary and are used wholly and solely for SRC administration purposes. The Company Secretary will provide information from the records only to
- Directors of the Company on a “need to know” basis
- The Membership Secretary
- The Webmaster (names and email addresses only).
- Companies House, in the event that the SRC limited company fails and they need information which enables them to collect £1 off each current member (in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Act 2006).
The information is NOT shared with any other organisation.
Other than the information gathered on the application form (above) the only other data held by the SRC is for members who have ceased their membership. The date that membership ceased is required to be recorded under the provisions of the Companies Act 2006. The SRC has to retain records of those who are no longer members of the club for 10 years after they cease to be members.
If a member has a landline telephone number which is ex-directory, the record is clearly labelled to that effect if the member requests that to happen.
Members can review the data held about them at any time and, if they wish to change their mind about what data is held, they can contact the Company Secretary. Please note that, under the terms of the Companies Act 2006, the SRC has to hold the name and address of each of its members. If members require this information to be deleted, they can no longer be members of the SRC.